Open Day 2012: 3D Medicine for MIMedThe International Medical School will be at the Open Day of Università degli Studi di Milano in a multimedial and interactive presence. Videos, QR Codes and ad hoc contents for smartphones and IPad will allow the partecipants to discover the MIMed and to simulate the Admission test.
Furthermore, a 3D system will provide to the students the experience of an innovative operating theatre.
The event will take place on Saturday, 12th May, from 10 am to 4 pm, during the new students orientation at Università degli Studi di Milano (via Festa del Perdono 7, Milan).
MIMed will be present at two different locations: the information desk with the other Medical Schools and the multimedia exposition (room 113).
To participants will be available the following contents:
- 3D SURGERY - 3D rendering is becoming crucial for surgery evolution and development. 3D imaging provide accurate and pin point view, allowing surgeons to visualize patient’s anatomy to the smallest extent; indeed introduces the third dimension, the sense of depth, which is not present by the 2D system. With 3D viewing new techniques learning is more effective throughout simulations and improves the learning curve reducing time and errors.
- TEST SIMULATION - short version of the admission test to check the requirements to become a doctor. Students will try to answer to the last year admission test on four iPads.
- THE WALL - on a large illuminated screen, virtual flowers with QR codes will appear to lead to digital and multimedial contents: video-interviews, short videoclips to show the state of the art technology of modern medicine (Radioteraphy, Robotic surgery and Coronary CT Scan) and the video “Notte prima degli esami” with tips and tricks from students who have already passed the admissions test.
- BEING A DOCTOR IN THE WORLD - a short movie about modern medicine and medical profession, its complexities and its international vocation
- EMPOWERING YOU - a video about the unique features of MIMed: tutorship, active involvement of students in training and facilities.
- INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL SCHOOL TREE - Why do you want to be a doctor? Your answers will be assembled to build the MIMed tree.